Bike rack cheap
If you want to carry a bike in your car and do not know what to do, you must get organized. The decision between so many models it is apparently breathtaking. The different styles of bike rack cheap and a wide range of prices to choose from. To get the bicycle rack is suitable for yo...
Bike rack cheap
If you want to carry a bike in your car and do not know what to do, you must get organized. The decision between so many models it is apparently breathtaking. The different styles of bike rack cheap and a wide range of prices to choose from. To get the bicycle rack is suitable for your needs, you should research a little and compare the different brands and models.
The rack proper should fit the vehicle properly, safely transport the bike and be within your budget. The wrong media could be a safety hazard, scratch your vehicle, and possibly lead to a bike lost, stolen, or damaged.
Keep in mind that a bike rack, even without bikes mounted, will have a negative impact on the fuel economy of your vehicle.
Consider your needs
The key to choose the bike rack cheap suitable is accurately defining your needs and assessing your current vehicle. Keep the following in mind when choosing a bike rack:
- How often you will use?.
- How many bikes must you carry?
- Do you need to change your vehicle?.
- How much are you willing to spend?.
- How important is security?.
- Do you have a cycling special as a tandem or with a box of irregular shape?.
- Does your vehicle already has a trailer hitch or a luggage rack mounted on the roof?. If so, what is the load capacity?
- Do you have the vehicle a spare tire mounted on the rear that would interfere with certain types of media?
Types of racks
Bike racks generally fall into three different categories: grills boot with strap, grids, mounting hitch and roof bars. The three types have good points and bad points, but not all are available for each vehicle. The strap is the least costly, but least secure.
The roof rack is the most versatile, but the most difficult to use; and the hitch mount is the most expensive but the easiest to operate. There are also scenes special that are specifically designed for use with trucks, SUVS or vans. Some truck racks can be used on the bed, allowing for storage underneath.
Others have special brackets that can be attached to the spare tire mounted in the rear and the back steps which are sometimes found in the pickup truck conversion.
Here we offer a closer look at the strengths and weaknesses of the three main types of bike rack:
Bike rack cheap shoulder bag with strap
Mounts chest strap are the most economical choice of rack. Generally, they cost between 40 and 200 euros, although some models can cost more than 300 euros. The straps attached to the frame of the luggage carrier is clamped to the boot, the boot or the rear bumper of the car.
The bike frame rests on arms of support-coated plastic; The best carriers have cribs padded or with notches to hold the frame. These racks must be securely fastened to the vehicle, with the supports of the frame and the arms of the roof oriented correctly before riding the bicycle.
The conveyors mounted in the trunk usually carry one or two, and in some cases three. While the conveyors mounted in the trunk are inexpensive and can fit many vehicles, they have a greater probability of damage to the vehicle and the bikes than other designs of carriers.
Advantages of the bicycle shoulder bag with strap
- Typically is not specific to the vehicle.
- Easier to lift and secure bikes in place.
- The rack can be stored easily, even in the trunk of the vehicle.
- Is the bike rack most economical.
Rack cheap ceiling
Some rack mounted on the roof are fixed to the luggage rack and cross bars to the vehicle's existing, while others make use of mounting feet and clips that attach to the top frame of the door of the vehicle or to the rain gutters.
The total cost is reduced if your vehicle is already equipped with a roof rack or cross bars that support the bike mount. If you select a bar ceiling, you must decide the method of assembly of the bicycle. Some racks use a mounting bracket clevis which is clamped to the fork of the front wheel.
The drawback is that the front wheel must be removed and stored in another location, but the advantage is that the bike is easier to handle in the ceiling and can accommodate forms of box unique. The upright supports hold the bike by the frame or the crank of the pedal. It is not necessary to remove the front wheel, but you must reach higher to put the bike, and some forms of framework unusual not fit.
Advantages of the portabicicleta ceiling
- The modular configuration allows for storage of additional cargo with a carrying case for extra storage.
- The fixtures allow the frame to be used for different activities, such as skiing, canoeing, and the transport of other bulky items.
- The racks can be adapted to the existing hardware from the factory or can be assembled with the shoe not standing of the manufacturer of the rack.
- Mounting lockable available
- The roof bars allow the sedans can carry up to four bikes, while a large truck can carry seven
- You can support bicycle tandem, recumbent and other with mark strange, according to the design of the frame